Established in 2016 as an expansion of Brisbane Writers Festival, UPLIT was created to support all the literary events and programs presented year-round. While UPLIT's flagship program is Brisbane Writers Festival, the organisation presents a variety of experiences connecting Queensland through story.
UPLIT brand values
- Celebrating leading writers and thinkers.
- A respectful and open-minded world view.
- Connecting storytellers and communities.
- Inspiring deep thought and curiosity.
- Bringing stories to life.
Across our range of Festivals, programs and events, UPLIT team is guided by the following principles:
- Bold and ambitious curation
- Championing Queensland writers
- Supporting the Australian publishing industry
- Inclusion and accessibility
- Fostering curiosity and growing communities of readers
- Elevating the vitality of the literary arts