We are thrilled to welcome Ella Peile to the UPLIT team as our new Children and Young Adult Program Coordinator.
Ella holds a Bachelor in Education (Hons) and has extensive experience in delivering literature and drama programs with arts organisations including Queensland Theatre Company and Zen Zen Zo, and has taught at Kelvin Grove State High School and Laidley State High School.
We sat down with Ella and asked her to share some fun fast facts.
- My all-time favourite book is… The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera.
- The book I most recommend to others is… The Little Prince because… it’s a classic for all ages – and it’s adorable.
- I’m currently reading… Gemina: The Illuminae Files 02 and Freeman’s Home.
- My favourite thing about Queensland is… the swathes of purple Jacaranda flowers in Spring because it’s the perfect reminder to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
- I’m excited to join the UPLIT team because…. I’m discovering new books every day and I get to share them with everyone!
Ella is busy working our our Word Play program for 2017 (to be revealed on May 24), and developing the YA stream of programming at BWF17. Welcome Ella!